Medical Community > Partner Organizations > SGIM
Society of General Internal Medicine (SGIM) www.sgim.org
SGIM is an international organization of physicians, educators,
researchers, residents, medical students, and others who combine caring
for patients with educating and/or doing research.
In just two decades, SGIM has grown from several hundred to almost 3000 members. SGIM is committed to forging collaborative alliances in which our knowledge, experience, and energy can contribute powerfully to efforts that support our mission.
We are dedicated to improving patient care, education, and research in primary care and general internal medicine.
- Excellence in patient-centered, scientifically-sound medical care, research, and education
- Fostering collegial support and mentorship as well as interdisciplinary collaboration
- Adopting creative and innovative approaches to advance clinical care, teaching, and research
- Promoting social responsibility and the health of vulnerable, underserved, and diverse populations
- Promoting diversity within general internal medicine
- Incorporating these core values into our daily professional lives with integrity and a passion for medicine