Medical Community > Partner Organizations > ACP
American College of Physicians www.acponline.org
The American College of Physicians (ACP) is a national organization of internists — physicians who specialize in the prevention, detection and treatment of illnesses in adults. ACP is the largest medical-specialty organization and second-largest physician group in the United States. Its membership of 130,000 includes internists, internal medicine subspecialists, medical students, residents, and fellows.
ACP’s mission is to enhance the quality and effectiveness of health care by fostering excellence and professionalism in the practice of medicine.
To establish and promote the highest clinical standards and ethical ideals.
- To be the foremost comprehensive education and information resource for all internists.
- To advocate responsible positions on individual health and on public policy relating to health care for the benefit of the public, our patients, the medical profession, and our members.
- To serve the professional needs of the membership, support healthy lives for physicians, and advance internal medicine as a career.
- To promote and conduct research to enhance the quality of practice, the education and continuing education of internists, and the attractiveness of internal medicine to physicians and the public.
- To recognize excellence and distinguished contributions to internal medicine.
- To unify the many voices of internal medicine and its subspecialties for the benefit of our patients, our members, and our profession.
Resources Available From the ACP:
Healthcare Information Technology
All of ACP’s Healthcare Information Technology (health IT)
resources can be found on AmericanEHR Partners. However, you can also find them along with our policy positions on health IT at http://www.acponline.org/running_practice/technology/ Practice Management Resources
ACP has a number of resources to help practices navigate the world of practice management including guides on coding and financial benchmarking tools. To find out more on these and other resources please visit http://www.acponline.org/running_practice/practice_management/ Quality Improvement Tools
The ACP Medical Home Builder (MHB) https://www.medicalhomebuilder.org/home
provides affordable, accessible online guidance and resources for practices involved in incremental quality improvement changes — or significant transformation of their practices.
This online tool will help you:
Quickly assess your practice in seven key areas.
- Identify specific tools & resources based on your needs.
- Prepare for recognition as a Medical Home.