Medical Community > Content Partners > NeHC
National eHealth Collaborative (NeHC) www.nationalehealth.org
National eHealth Collaborative (NeHC) is a public-private partnership that accelerates secure and meaningful use of health IT through education and stakeholder engagement to advance health and transform healthcare. Through its NeHC University online education program, its Consumer Consortium on eHealth patient engagement initiative, and its ongoing study of critical success factors for health information exchange through the HIE Learning Network, NeHC works to educate, connect and encourage healthcare stakeholders in efforts to promote the successful deployment of health IT and health information exchange nationwide.
In the coming months, NeHC will be hosting some exciting new programs through NeHC University, including Update on HIE Landscape Survey Results, which will explore the rapidly changing health information exchange (HIE) landscape, and Rural and Underserved Communities: Health IT Resources and Programs. On November 27-28, NeHC will also be hosting the inaugural Technology Crossroads Conference to explore the opportunities and innovations at the intersection of health IT and audiovisual technology. Keynote speakers like Bryan Sivak, CTO of HHS; Bill Spooner, CIO of Sharp HealthCare; and Ceci Connolly, Managing Director of the PwC Health Research Institute, will cover such topics as budgeting for investment in technology, navigating post-election healthcare politics, and the power of liberated healthcare data. NeHC is currently offering a special rate of $300 with the coupon code TECHXKEY. Register now at www.nationalehealth.org/technology-crossroads-conference.
Pragmatic Tools to Accelerate Progress toward Consumer Engagement in eHealth
- Rose Maljanian - CEO, HealthCAWS
- Gary Ozanich, Ph.D - Senior Research Associate, Center for Applied Informatics
- Mary Gaetz - Staff Assistant, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, Kentucky Governor’s Office of Electronic Health Information
- Kate Berry - CEO, NeHC
Date: May 7, 2013
- Patient engagement is becoming increasingly important given Meaningful Use and new reimbursement models. It is challenging for healthcare stakeholders to figure out how to get started with leveraging health IT to engage their patients. This program will describe a roadmap and organizational diagnostic assessment designed to help organizations accelerate their progress toward consumer engagement in eHealth. It will also provide an example of how a group of stakeholders is leveraging these tools to encourage patient engagement throughout a state.
Health IT programs and resources available to assist providers in rural and underserved communities and how to access them. This webinar showcased examples of health IT programs and resources available to assist providers in rural and underserved communities and provide information on how providers can access them.
Date: November 19, 2012
- Sally Buck, M.S. - Associate Director, National Rural Health Resource Center
- Yael Harris, PhD, MHS - Director, Office of Health IT & Quality, Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA)
- Marcia Cheadle, RN - Director of Advanced Clinical Applications, Inland Northwest Health Services (INHS)
- Wes Gipe - CEO, Agil IT
- Leila Samy, MPH - Rural Health IT Coordinator, Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT (ONC)
On the Heels of Stage 1 Meaningful Use: The Provider Perspective
Description: Dr. Steven Waldren speaks from the provider perspective about his views on progress to date, what to expect in Stage 2 and how providers will need to utilize HIT in the new environment of greater accountability.
- Faculty: Dr. Steven Waldren, Director, Center for Health IT at American Academy of Family Physicians
- Date: October 21, 2012
- URL: http://www.nationalehealth.org/ILBWaldren
Health IT Orientation
- Description: In a complex industry like health IT, it is good to be able to step back and take a high-level look at how we got here, what we’re doing, and where we are going.
- Faculty: Gwenn Darlinger, Manager, Physician Implementation, Quest Diagnostics
- Date: September 5, 2012
- URL: http://www.nationalehealth.org/hit-orientation
How to Play by the (Final) Rules: An Overview of Meaningful Use Stage 2 and the Standards and Certification Criteria Final Rules
- Description: After months of speculation, the final rules for Meaningful Use Stage 2 and the Standards and Certification Criteria have been released. NeHC hosted experts on both of these rules for a single webinar to walk through the intricacies and answer questions on each rule.
- Faculty: Rob Anthony, Office of eHealth Standards and Services, CMS, Steve Posnack, Director of the Federal Policy Division, ONC
- Date: August 4, 2012
- URL: http://www.nationalehealth.org/FinalRules
How to Achieve Stage 1 Meaningful Use: Hot Topics and FAQs
- Description: Tips and tricks on how to achieve Meaningful Use Stage 1.
- Faculty: Robert Anthony, Office of E-Health Standards and Services, CMS
- Date: July 23, 2012
- URL: http://www.nationalehealth.org/MU1FAQs
How to Achieve Stage 1 Meaningful Use