|Tools and/or services offered to clients for current workflow analysis and redesign when using an EHR?
||BA Services can be provided to both new and existing customers. A Business Analyst will assist the practice from the initial planning phases through training and Go Live. Post-Implementation services are also available for existing customers.
Major areas for review are:
• Logistics of laptops, tablet PC, and peripherals
• Database structure
• Workflow design
• Training requirements
• Set up of test and production servers
• Reporting requirements and report generation
New customers can benefit from BA Services during the initial planning of the transition from legacy or paper-based systems to the unified EHR Solution. The most critical factor in the success of an EHR implementation is advance planning; eClinicalWorks can provide expert planning assistance to ensure a smooth transition and optimal use of the EHR system from Day One. Business Analysis Services for new customers consists of:
• Assistance with hardware purchase and set-up
• Site Survey for assessment of the current clinical environment and recommendations for optimal office set-up to facilitate EMR workflow
• Redesign of office workflows
• Plan all aspects of conversion from paper to electronic charts
• EMR configuration for security access settings and all user, provider, and facility settings
• Customized training strategies for all system users in the practice
• Definition of reporting requirements
• Post Go Live assessment and re-evaluation
BA Services for existing customers, particularly those practices or groups with fifteen or more providers or who are experiencing growth, provide an opportunity to re-evaluate their EHR workflow with the goal of improved office efficiency and maximized use of the EHR system’s features and capabilities. BA Services for existing customers includes:
• Site Survey to assess the current clinical infrastructure
• Workflow assessment and recommendations for improved workflow
• Clinical content development
• Identification of under-utilized features in eClinicalWorks that will lead to greater efficiency
• Review of system features, reporting capabilities, interfaces, etc. to ensure the EMR/PM system is being used to the fullest
• Identify and plan for areas of internal growth, i.e., bringing labs and testing in-house, adding new interfaces, etc.
• Identify areas where additional training would be beneficial
eClinicalWorks Implementation Services (EIS)
eClinicalWorks Implementation Services provide a dedicated, on-site individual or a team of implementation specialists who oversee the entire EHR implementation, from project start through Go Live, and beyond, as determined by the client. Below is an overview of the offering.
The Role of the eClinicalWorks Implementation Specialist (EIS)
• The Implementation Specialist is actively engaged in end-user interaction, workflow analysis, design, build, training, on-site support, go–live site assessment, user adoption measurement, and assistance as needed to implement the eClinicalWorks EHR solution
• The EHR Implementation Specialist will work with the customer and execute their implementation approach and their adoption vision, including risk and issue identification, mitigation and resolution. The EIS will travel to each site to meet with end users and act as a primary contact for the end users.
• Staff augmentation for practice to assist with practice-side project deliverables during implementation phase(s)
• Conduct practice-specific workflow analysis design and key decision-making including gap analysis
• Consultant role with the steering committee or project leads in making key decisions in defining new/ updating current goals/workflows for usage of eClinicalWorks efficiently in the practice environment
• Provide tips in designing their IT design layout - only with reference to device, printer, and scanner deployments
• Execute implementation tasks for assigned practices following the standard implementation procedures
• Document workflows/cheat sheets for unique scenarios of the practice
• Develop training plan and delivers training to practice staff and physicians
• Function as primary liaison between the practice and support departments/teams
• Identify workflow/setup related red flags to the Project and Support teams for the pre-Go Live and post-Go Live environments
• Provide regular status reports to key Program Manager and end users
• Drive resolution to end user issues. Works with all parties to prioritize issues and offer solutions
• Provide focused group training and support appropriate use of the application, utilizing expert knowledge of the physician clinical workflows
• Work with physicians, business staff and other client team members to understand and research customization requests
• Provide on-site Go Live support and work with the support team to provide guidance on Helpdesk best practices
• Establish and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to establish success criteria and also measure practice competency for Meaningful Use
• Implement and train on optional products and special topics such as: Patient Portal, eClinicalMobile, eClinicalMessenger, eEHX, eClinicalWorks P2P, Meaningful Use, Quality Measure reporting, advanced eBO reporting, etc.
• Assist the eClinicalWorks Support Team and Strategic Account Manager as needed to ensure timely resolution of support issues
HBI (Healthcare Business Intelligence) Services
eClinicalWorks provides an array of analytic products and services to support medical practices in improving patient care, workflow efficiency, and practice profitability. Our primary goal is to educate our customers and provide the tools needed for eClinicalWorks users to analyze trends, evaluate services, and interpret outcomes, based on the wealth of data stored in their EHR database.
• Culmination of people, product and process to effectively implement a powerful Business Intelligence (BI) Solution
• Specialists in Financial, Operational, Compliance, and Clinical Reporting to effectively gather requirements and inform key decision makers on best practices and protocols
• Visit during the first month-end after Go-live to support in close process and data interpretation
• A dedicated BI consultant to assist implementation of an efficient workflow around practice business objectives
• On-site consultation and training on report customization and design studios
• Post Go-Live assessments to monitor practice Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and provider/user productivity
Benefits to a Practice
• Make Revenue Cycle Management more insightful with managerial dashboards, lag trends, and denial tracking
• Create efficient workflow design in conjunction with other eClinicalWorks implementation teams to maximize productivity and efficiency
• Provide insight into the overall health of your practice, from financial, operational, and clinical perspectives
Interfaces Consultant Services
Interface Consultant services can be provided to work closely with customers to design and install interfaces in support of the exchange of data between the EHR system labs, diagnostic imaging facilities, clearinghouses, insurances, etc.
• Responsibilities of an Interfaces Consultant Include
• Interface development, interface configuration, interface setup, and interface testing
• Understand customer interface requirements and propose interfaces to satisfy their business need
• Discuss interface workflow with the customer
• Understand HL7, CCR and CCD standards and discuss interface specification at field level
• Understand customer limitations and propose alternatives / workarounds
• Document interface requirements in an interface scope document
• Create and maintain project plans for interface development. Make sure project milestones are met in a timely fashion
• Other duties as assigned
Technical Architect Services
An eClinicalWorks Technical Architect (TA) can be provided to perform an in-depth technical assessment of the practice’s IT infrastructure. This assessment, along with interviews with the client and/or the client’s IT resource, will be used to develop Technology Design Document that details all aspects of the proposed eClinicalWorks architecture. The TA will use this document to work with the client and the eClinicalWorks Project Manager, Install Team, and Strategic Account Manager (SAM) to ensure the system is configured for optimal performance.