I just received this update via email regarding PQRS:
CMS will extend the registration period for the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) administrative claims-based reporting option and the PQRS Group Practice Reporting Option (GPRO) to October 18, 2013 (from 10/15/13) to allow providers additional time to register for 2013.
This day is the:
- Last day for individuals and groups participating in the Group Practice Reporting Option (GPRO) to elect to participate in the administrative claims-based reporting mechanism to avoid a payment adjustment in 2015; and
- Last day for groups to register to participate in GPRO for the 2013 PQRS program year via Web Interface or registry reporting.
With this impending deadline, we would like for you to share this information with your members.
To learn more about PQRS and how to avoid the 2015 PQRS payment adjustment, your members can review these helpful resources:
- PQRS Overview Fact Sheet — Provides eligible professionals (EPs) with basic program information about PQRS.
- PQRS Payment Adjustments Tip Sheet— Includes detailed information on how to avoid the 2015 PQRS payment adjustment.
- 2013 PQRS GPRO Made Simple Fact Sheet —Provides guidance for group practices who wish to participate in the 2013 PQRS program under the GPRO.
Please note: a PV-PQRS IACS account is required to register, and it can take time to get approval for that IACS role, so it is important to start today.