eHealth Initiative’s Health Data Exchange & Interoperability Summit will take place October 30-31, 2013 at the Grand Hyatt in Washington, DC. This two-day event will feature a series of brief case studies and interactive multi-stakeholder panels focused on electronic health information exchange and its impact on patient care.
The Summit will bring together national health information exchange experts, accountable care organizations, health systems, provider organizations, clinicians, government officials, payors, health technology companies, EHR vendors, health care consultants, researchers, and other industry leaders focused on exchanging healthcare data across the continuum of care to drive the improvement of quality in healthcare.
Discussion Topics Include:
- Interoperability & Standards for Health Data Exchange
- The Commonwell Alliance
- Breaking Down Silos: Exchanging Data Across the Continuum of Care
- Cybersecurity and health data
- Data Sharing to Improve Population and Public Health
- Sustaining the HIE Model: Defining the Value of Health Data Exchange
- Exchanging Data with the Federal Government
- Protecting Patient Rights While Exchanging Data
- Connecting Health Data to Health Insurance Exchanges
- Data Sharing in Accountable Care Organizations
- Best Practices to Support a Trusted Environment for Exchange