The annual HIMSS conference is now in full swing in New Orleans and although the official numbers are yet to be released, it is estimated that over 35,000 attendees are packed into the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center to share experiences, learn from colleagues, and determine priorities for the year ahead.
Some of the highlights include:
- Keynote addresses by President Bill Clinton and Eric J. Topol, MD
- Meaningful Use Symposium to assist attendees with Stage 2 Meaningful Use
- A wide range of roundtable sessions
- A number of eSessions that will be presented virtually
- Highlights from HIMSS Davies Award winners
As with every HIMSS conference, the amount of material being presented and number of vendors displaying their products and services is overwhelming. Tempered with evenings on Bourbon street enveloped in jazz, jambalaya, and gumbo, I look forward to sharing feedback from the sessions and my insights over the next few days.