The eHealth Initiative (eHI) is an independent non-profit affiliated organization whose mission is to drive improvements in the quality, safety and efficiency of healthcare through information and information technology.
On Tuesday, April 19 from 3:00–4:30 pm ET, eHI is offering a free webinar on engaging patients in meaningful use.
To realize their health IT investment, and be regarded as providers of choice as they enter later stages of “meaningful use,” health systems need to have both patients and physicians using PHRs when making care decisions. First, health systems will need to “sell” the benefits of PHRs to consumers. Then they will need to build new, technology-enabled healthcare delivery processes around patients’ preferences and convenience — which will mean changing how clinicians do their work. This webinar includes a case study highlighting Mercy Health’s PHR successes.
- Understand how utilization of PHRs can change the patient experience
- Understand how to involve the patient in meaningful use
- Understand how health systems can help physicians build processes to design, use, and support PHRs
- Understand how health systems will need to compete for consumers in the PHR market
- Understand how health systems and providers can increase patient and physician demand for PHRs
- Understand existing access, social, expectation, and education hurdles to health IT
Glenn Mitchell, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Mercy Health
Andrea Routh, Executive Director, Missouri Health Advocacy Alliance
Bruce Henderson, National Leader, EHR-HIE Practice, PwC
Please contact Genevieve Morris with any questions about this event.