About > Who We Are > Partner Organizations > RPA
RPA represents and serves the interests of nephrology practitioners in their pursuit and delivery of quality renal health care.
Our Core Principles
RPA strongly believes in:
- Facilitating high quality, efficient, and ethical renal care.
- Promoting the leadership role of the nephrologist in defining renal care policies and practices.
- Advancing professionalism — honesty, integrity, accountability, and adherence to scientific principles.
- Ensuring equitable compensation for quality care.
- Recognizing that the intersection of accountability and quality is an important and necessary component of excellence.
Resources Available From the RPA
Practice Management Software User Assessment
(Available at no cost to RPA members; non-member price $50 at http://www.renalmd.org/catalogue-item.aspx?id=3505
) Practice Management Software User Assessment
is a reference guide developed to help nephrology practitioners determine which software products are most suitable to better manage their practice. The information collected in this publication is from various RPA practice manager members who submitted detailed information on the software application used in their practices.
The Renal Physicians Guide to Nephrology Practice
(Available at to RPA members for $50; non-member price $150 at http://www.renalmd.org/catalogue-item.aspx?id=652)
The answers to fundamental questions nephrologists generally ask about navigating through the business side their medical practice can be found in this 6th edition of The Renal Physicians Guide to Nephrology Practice. This valuable reference book contains basic information about billing and reimbursement protocols; working with Medicare, Medicaid and managed care; how to comply with HIPAA; practice options; establishing office systems and procedures; templates for successful marketing strategies; how to protect yourself from fraud and abuse; and much more.