About > Who We Are > Partner Organizations > AOAMI
About the AOAMI
The AOAMI was formed to meet the growing needs of osteopathic physicians in the field of medical informatics. The purpose/objectives of the organization are as follows:
To promote expertise in the use of technology in the practice of osteopathic medicine.
- Promote the integration of osteopathic principles and practices in the use of medical informatics.
- Promote education in the field of medical informatics.
- Encourage research in the field of medical informatics.
- Offer postgraduate education in the field of medical informatics.
- Encourage closer liaison in patient management between physicians and technology groups in the use of medical informatics.
- Promote the teaching of medical informatics in Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Formulate and provide guidance in postgraduate training programs in medical informatics with a goal of establishing a recognized science leading to certification in the form of Certificates of Added Qualification, Certificates of Special Qualification, or Certificates of Completion of Training.
- Regular membership is open to Osteopathic physicians, osteopathic medical students, individuals involved in the practice or the teaching of medical informatics, or other persons who wish to upgrade their skills in the use of medical informatics.
- Affiliate membership is open to an entity or corporation with an interest in medical informatics and whose purpose is to promote, enhance, and advance the science of medical informatics.
- Honorary membership may be offered to a person or organization that has made a significant contribution to the science of medical informatics and/or the Association.
Annually, the AOAMI provides no less than 26 hours of AOA-Accredited CME during the annual convention of the American Osteopathic Association. One need not be a member to attend any or all of these sessions.
Featured Podcast: What do Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine Need from an EHR? Dr. Thomas Zimmerman - Director, Osteopathic Medical Education, Program
Director, Osteopathic Family Medicine Residency, South Nassau