About > Site Governance > EHR Ratings
How are EHR Ratings Calculated and Displayed?
- AmericanEHR Partners does not endorse any EHR products;
- Ratings are displayed for nationally certified (ONC-ATCB) EHR products;
- Ratings are dynamically generated as verified physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners complete an extensive survey administered by AmericanEHR Partners in conjunction with their professional societies;
- EHR systems are ranked based upon their average score (out of 5) for each category or cumulative sub-categories;
- Overall product ratings are only viewable if an EHR product has received 10 or more verified clinician ratings;
- An EHR will only be displayed in a Top 10 Ratings category if that product has received a minimum of 10 verified clinician ratings for that specific category;
- The n Value = Number of verified clinician ratings for an EHR product.
How are Benchmark Ratings Calculated?
- The Benchmark Rating is the average cumulative score for all approved ratings, across all EHR products in a selected category;
- Benchmark Ratings provide an average value against which other ratings can be measured. The same set of Benchmark Ratings are applied to all categories and practice sizes and allow different ratings or combinations of practice size filters to be viewed against a consistent comparative measure.
How are Data Collected?
- Through ratings submitted by individuals who have registered as members of AmericanEHR Partners;
- Through EHR satisfaction surveys conducted in conjunction with professional or state societies/organizations;
- Users who have previously submitted satisfaction rating data can update their rating at any time;
- The most recent rating submitted becomes the current rating for that user.
Data and User Verification:
- All rating data undergoes a rigorous analysis and each submitted rating is manually reviewed and validated before the data is published as EHR satisfaction ratings;
- Registered users who have submitted rating data for an EHR product are verified in conjunction with their professional organization as a clinician;
- All rating data is analyzed for suspicious rating practices on an ongoing basis. If any such practices are identified, AmericanEHR Partners will take all necessary action.
Due to the stringent verification and user validation processes, submitted ratings are not published immediately and will not be published until all of the above conditions have been met.