About : Advisory Groups : Clinical Advisory
Clinical Advisory Group
Updated November 10, 2010
Clinical Advisory Group Members:
- Peter Basch, MD, FACP, Medical Director, Ambulatory EHR and Health IT Policy, MedStar Health. Dr. Basch is
a Senior Fellow with the Center for American Progress, a Visiting Scholar with the Engelberg Center for Health Care Reform of the
Brookings Institution, practices general internal medicine in Washington, DC and is an early adopter of electronic health records and e-prescribing.
- Russell B. Leftwich, MD, Chief Medical Informatics Officer, Office of eHealth Initiatives, State of Tennessee. Dr. Leftwich practiced medicine in Nashville for 22 years. He has been involved with the national allergy societies as the HIT leader for over a decade and is a member of AMIA and HIMSS.
- Thomas G. Zimmerman, DO, FACOFP, Director, Osteopathic Medical Education, Program Director, Osteopathic Family Medicine Residency, South Nassau Communities Hospital.
- Jacqueline Fincher, MD, MACP, Managing Partner, McDuffie Medical Associates, a 4 physician practice in Thomson, Georgia. Governor for ACP's Georgia Chapter.
- Michael Myint, MD, MS, FACP, Physician at Polyclinic, Swedish Medical Center in Seattle, WA; and the Medical Director of Epidemiology and Infection Control at Swedish Medical Center.
- Tricia Marriott, PA-C, MPAS, Director, Reimbursement Policy, Staff Liaison to The Joint Commission, American Academy of Physician Assistants
Terms of Reference:
- Made up of physicians and clinical stakeholders;
- Set term of two years – members can be invited to serve a second term;
- Members of the physician advisory group provide feedback on design, current and future features, education and provider needs;
- Number of clinical advisory members – twelve;
- Six members selected by invitation;
- Six members selected through self nomination or 3rd party recommendation;
- Clinicians may not participate on advisory if they have any financial interest in an EHR company, endorse or speak on behalf of a specific EHR vendor;
- Member skills range from sophisticated users of EHRs to non-users of EHRs;
- Frequency 4x per year or Ad hoc.